Around the year 1730 a farmhouse and barn were built in the "Hostatt" which burned down completely in 1965.
A new house was built on the solid foundation of the barn. In the end phase of the construction work, the idea of a "Hotel Garni" has been realized even though it was originally planned as an apartment house.
In 1969 - being the first "Garni" in Engelberg - the "Hotel Garni Hostatt" opened its doors and
since the year 1730 it has been owned by the family Häcki.
More renovation and restoration work done
The second floor has been completely restored.
The first floor has been completely restored.
Entrance, reception and breakfast room have been modernized.
A new heating system using woodchips was build in and all windows were replaced.
All rooms were modernized and redecorated.
The flooring has been partially renewed.